What’s one thing that wakes you up in the morning and keeps you steady throughout the day? It’s the same thing that makes evening magical and winters blissful? Still, confused? Well, then maybe you are not a coffee drinker because of all those who know its coffee! If you are from the former group, you can be a coffee lover, and that won’t be too bad. This blog is all about bean in love with coffee and foods that go hand-in-hand with it. So, let the caffeine hit you hard, this time!
- Coffee Cake: Starting with something sweet, a food that pairs well with coffee is a coffee cake. It is because, for coffee lovers, there is not such a thing as “too much coffee.” Coffee cakes are available in different flavours, textures, and designs with one thing in common– the irresistible coffee aroma and taste. You can go with a mocha cake, coffee cake with cinnamon, chocolate cake, and many other varieties. If you are looking forward to baking a coffee cake at home, then mix a tablespoon of coffee in the batter and dust some on the top, and you are good to go.
- Donuts: Another sweet food to pair with coffee is a doughnut. From plain to sprinklers; doughnuts in every form will go with coffee. If you are a coffee addict, you can dust the doughnuts with coffee powder or cocoa powder. Enjoy your evenings with your partner over a cup of warm coffee paired with doughnuts. To make doughnuts, make a dough from the cake batter. Roll the dough and then cut the circles. Deep fry them and then decorate it as told.
- Slices of bacon: Not every food that goes with coffee has to be sweet. Savoury food items will go well with the coffee as well. Slices of bacon can be enjoyed with a cup of coffee during breakfast or as a starter. The salty, savoury flavour of the bacon will best compliment the sweetness, exoticness of the coffee. If you are non-vegetarian or any of your closed ones is, invite them for a cup of coffee paired with bacon.
- Bagel: A bread product that can be eaten as you like plain, loaded with cream cheese, toasted with sesame seeds, or any other form you like. Because of its flavourful content, you can have it with a sweet cup of coffee. In case you have a sweet bagel, you can keep the sweetness in your coffee a bit mild.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate + Coffee= Absolutely delicious. It’s a hit combo that will make everyone fall in love with it. A bar of dark chocolate with a cup of coffee can make evenings a lot better. If not a bar of dark chocolate, you can go with something else like dark chocolate cake or cupcakes. The bittersweet taste of the dark chocolate will perfectly balance the sweetness of the coffee.
- Scrambled Eggs: What’s a perfect morning? Scramble eggs loaded with veggies with a cup of coffee. Sounds great? You can also pair your scrambled eggs with a toasted piece of bread or make bread omelette with coffee. Have your eggs or omelette with a strong cup of coffee. Then, add boiled or lightly stir-fried veggies into your scrambled eggs topped with a pinch of salt, and black pepper.
- Cheese Sandwich: Your mornings, afternoon snacks, and evening would be absolutely incomplete without cheese sandwiches. So, to make this tasty sandwich taste even better, grab a cup of coffee. You can go with raw or grilled cheese sandwiches. The melted cheese will taste absolutely delicious with coffee. Add some veggies, frozen corn to your cheese sandwiches to make it the perfect ever combo pack.
- Smoked Salmon: Another treat for the non-vegetarians. Smoked salmon with a cup of strong coffee to make mornings brighter. The bold, salty, fishy flavour of the salmon is best to be enjoyed with nothing but coffee.
- Tiramisu: The classic Italian dessert that no doubt goes with Coffee is Tiramisu. Tiramisu is a dessert layered with coffee. So, this dessert will bring its own distinctive coffee flavour to the table. Enjoy your sweet, exotic time with Tiramisu and Coffee.
Which one would you choose? If you have any other food pairing, do let us know.